|作者：命題組 文章來源：英語語法網 點擊數： 更新時間：2007-12-07||
一、單項選擇題 (本大題共21小題, 每小題1分, 共21分)
Choose the best answer from the choices given and put the letters A, B, C or D in the brackets.
1. The general sent out word that no one in the bunker ___________ to bed until further orders.
A. will go B. would go
C. was about to go D. was to go
2. He ___________ violin when I want to sleep.
A. always plays B. play always
C. is always playing D. always is playing
3. James has just arrived, but I didn’t know he ___________ until yesterday.
A. will come B. was coming
C. had been coming D. comes
4. I only called the police when I ___________ everything else.
A. tried B. was trying
C. had tried D. had been trying
5. Mother wished I ___________ you what she ___________.
A. didn’t tell; said B. didn’t tell; has said
C. didn’t tell; had said D. hadn’t told; said
6. Jean Wagner’s most enduring contribution to the study of Afro-American poetry is his insistence that it ___________ in a religious, as well as worldly, frame of reference.
A. is to be analyzed B. were analyzed
C. be analyzed D. should have been analyzed
7. The teacher said that Jane ___________ work harder the following semester.
A. have to B. had better
C. had better to D. would rather to
8. The twins had been away for such a long time that many people in the village thought they
A. ought to have died B. should have died
C. must have died D. could have died
9. “I ___________ go out today. If I do, I ___________ in a storm. ” I said to myself when I heard the weatherman say there would be a heavy rain that day.
A. had better not to; might have been caught
B. had better; may be caught
C. would not; might have been caught
D. had better not; may be caught
10. I hope that it is possible to achieve this objective by calling on the smokers ___________ good judgment and show concern for others rather than by regulation.
A. to be using B. to have been using
C. use D. to use
11. When ___________ to tell the difference between British and American English, the linguist made a long and ___________ speech.
A. asked; tired B. asked; tiring
C. asking; tiring D. be asked; tired
12. The money would have to be raised by ___________ taxation.
A. far B. farther
C. farthest D. further
13. Their plane arrived ___________
A. from B. at
C. to D. on
14. The delegation ___________
A. in B. from
C. at D. for
15. Her mother can’t speak English ___________ French, but is good at Japanese.
A. yet B. or
C. neither D. while
16. He became a successful actor ___________ his father never was.
A. who B. whom
C. that D. when
17. The manager fulminated against his secretary, ___________ surprised me.
A. who B. whom
C. that D. which
18. He graduated from college ___________ his parents divorced.
A. which B. before
C. while D. that
19. She sat ___________ the table in the restaurant.
A. in B. with
C. from D. at
20. Young ___________ he was, he managed to make a living on his own.
A. although B. since
C. though D. thus
21. ___________ you had been here, we wouldn’t have had so much trouble then.
A. when B. if
C. as D. since
|| 網站地圖 | 版權申明 | 設為首頁 | 加入收藏 | 會員中心 | 取回密碼 | 友情鏈接 | 用戶留言 | 管理登錄|